• 3 bell peppers
• 400g lean turkey mince
• 1 onion, diced
• 1 garlic clove, crushed and chopped
• 400g chopped tomatoes
• 1 tsp cumin
• 1 vegetable stock cube
• 1 tbsp dried herbs
• 50g mozzarella
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• Steamed or roasted vegetables to serve
1. Heat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Halve the peppers lengthways, then remove the seeds and core but keep the stalks on. Rub the peppers with a drizzle of olive oil and season well. Put on a baking tray and roast for 15 mins.
2. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Fry the turkey for 2-3 mins, stirring to break up the chunks, then set aside.
3. Heat the rest of the oil over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic, stir-fry for 2-3 mins, then add the cumin and cook for 2-3 mins more.
4. Tip the mince back into the pan and add the chopped tomatoes. Crumble in the stock cube and cook for 3-4 mins, then add the dried mixed herbs, salt and pepper. Remove the peppers from the oven and fill them with as much of the mince as you can.
5. Top with the cheese and return to the oven for 10-15 mins until the cheese starts to turn golden.
6. Serve with chips and vegetables.
PREP & COOK TIME: 40 MINS
SUPERFOOD: PEPPER CONTAINS VITAMIN C TO ENHANCE YOUR SKIN AND IMMUNE SYSTEM AND LYCOPENE TO PREVENT CANCER