• 500g lean turkey mince
• 1 red chilli, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
• Juice of 1 lime
• 5cm ginger, peeled and finely chopped
• 2 tbsp fish sauce
• 1 egg, beaten
• 3 tbsp Panko breadcrumbs
• 4 wholemeal burger buns
• 4 slices Cheddar cheese
• 2 pickled gherkins, halved lengthways
• 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
• Salad leaves, for garnish
1. Mix the turkey mince, chilli, garlic, ginger, fish sauce, lime juice, egg and breadcrumbs into a bowl. Combine together before splitting the mixture into 4 burger shapes.
2. Pre-heat the grill and then cook the burgers for about 10 minutes each side.
3. Once cooked, assemble the burgers. Place the salad leaves on the bottom bun, before placing the turkey burger on top. Top each burger with a slice of cheese and half a pickle.
4. Drizzle over a tbsp of chilli sauce and add the top of the bun. Serve with salad or potato wedges.
PREP & COOK TIME: 30 minutes
SUPERFOOD: TURKEY high in protein, low in fat and contains vitamin B