• 4 chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
• 4 carrots, peeled and cut into batons
• 1 tin of coconut milk
• 8 kaffir lime leaves, stalks removed
• 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
• 4 red birds eye chilli’s, sliced lengthways
• 2 tbsp fish sauce
• 1 tbsp sugar
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 1/2 glass of water
• Steamed rice, to serve
1. Heat the vegetable oil on a very low heat in a saucepan.
2. Add the curry paste to the pan and stir fry for a minute, before adding a tablespoon of the coconut milk. Mix together to form a paste.
3. Add another tablespoon of coconut milk and mix together until the coconut milk turns red. Repeat adding tablespoons of coconut milk until you have used half of the tin.
4. Add 1/2 of the water to the pan and stir. Add in the chicken pieces and bring to the boil.
5. Slowly pour the rest of the coconut milk into the pan and bring to the boil.
6. Add in the carrots, lime leaves, fish sauce and sugar.
7. Add in the rest of the water, and throw in the chilli’s.
8. Bring to the boil, and continue to simmer on a low heat for a further 10-15 minutes.
9. Serve with your steamed rice. Aroi mak!
PREP & COOK TIME: 45 minutes
SUPERFOOD: CHILLI helps to fight cold and flu, improves your digestive and gut health and speeds up your metabolism.