FOR THE MARINADE:
• 6 chicken thighs, chopped into bite size pieces
• 3 tsp corn starch
• 2 slices ginger
• 1 spring onion, finely chopped
• 1 tbsp Shaoxing rice wine
• 1 tbsp light soy sauce
• 1 tsp white pepper
FOR THE STIR FRY:
• 2 tbsp szechuan peppercorns
• 1 green pepper, de-seeded and sliced
• 1 yellow pepper, de-seeded and sliced
• 12 dried red chillis
• 4 slices ginger
• 1 tsp brown sugar
• 5 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Put the chicken and all the marinade ingredients into a bowl and marinade for 30 minutes.
2. Heat 4 tbsp vegetable oil into wok until smoking hot. Add the marinaded chicken into the pan and stir fry until browned. Transfer to a plate
3. Add the remaining vegetable oil and fry the szechuan peppercorns and dried chillis until fragrant, around 2 minutes.
4. Add the ginger and fry for a further minute.
5. Add the chicken back into the pan and mix together well. Add the rice wine and the sugar.
6. Garnish with the chopped spring onion and serve.
PREP & COOK TIME: 40 minutes
SUPERFOOD: Green and yellow peppers Contain vitamin C to enhance your skin and immune system