• 4 chicken thighs
• 2 lemons
• 4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
• 2 tbsp dried mixed herbs
• Handful of chopped parsley
• 1 onion, peeled and diced
• 220g uncooked rice
• 600ml chicken stock
• Salt and pepper
• 3 tbsp olive oil
1. Take one of the lemons and zest and juice into a bowl. Add the chicken thighs, garlic, 1 tbsp of mixed herbs and a pinch of salt. Mix well until combined and marinade for at least 30 minutes (preferably overnight).
2. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4. In a deep-based pan, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil on a medium heat. Grab the chicken thighs and place them skin side down into the pan. Cook for around 5 minutes each side, until the skin is crispy and the chicken is browned. Remove from the pan.
3. Add the remaining olive oil and fry the onions until soft. Add the rice, chicken stock, tbsp of mixed herbs, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Turn off the heat, and transfer the mixture into an oven-proof dish. Place the chicken on top of the rice, and then the lid on top of the dish. Cook in the oven for around 30 minutes, before taking off the lid and cooking for a further 10 minutes (or until the liquid is absorbed)
5. Remove from the oven and sprinkle over the chopped parsley. Cut the remaining lemon into slices and place in the dish. Serve.
PREP & COOK TIME: 1 hour
SUPERFOOD: Lemon helps to detox and cleanse the body