• 200g dates, pitted
• 95g self-raising flour
• 10g milled flaxseeds
• 5g brown sugar
• 200ml maple syrup
• 2 eggs
• 2 tbsp vanilla extract
• Vanilla yoghurt, to serve
1. Pre-heat the oven to 325 F / 165 C / Gas Mark 3.
2. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, and add the dates. Boil for around 5 minutes until they are soft and re-hydrated.
3. Add the dates, along with 100ml maple syrup and vanilla extract to a food processor. Blend until smooth.
4. Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
5. Separate the eggs and add the yolks to the date mixture. Add the whites to another bowl for later.
6. Mix the yolks into the date mixture until combined, before adding the flour, flaxseeds and sugar. Mix well.
7. Whisk the egg whites together well until you form soft white peaks.
8. Fold the egg whites into the date mixture, being careful not to squash the air out.
9. Divide the remaining 100ml maple syrup between the ramekins and then transfer the mix to the ramekins. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
10. Turn out the sticky toffee puddings onto a plate, and serve with the vanilla yoghurt.
PREP & COOK TIME: 50 minutes
SUPERFOOD: Flaxseeds contain omega-3 which can promote brain and eye health.