- 120 ml honey
- 60ml light soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2-1 tsp red chilli flakes
6 chicken thighs
- 4 green onions
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 6 chicken thighs
- In a large bowl combine honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, oil and red chilli flakes.
- Then add chicken pieces, making sure chicken is fully submerged in the marinade. Cover with a lid or plastic wrap and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least two hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375F/200C. Take the chicken pieces out of the marinade and place them on parchment lined shallow baking pan. Reserve the marinade.
- Cook the chicken in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear and the skin is dark and slightly blistered. Baste with the marinade half way through the cooking for deeper flavour.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and remove to a serving plate, sprinkle with sliced green onions and sesame seeds before serving.
PREP & COOK TIME: 3 hours
SUPERFOOD: Chicken provides lean protein to build muscle