• 150g plain flour
• 50ml extra virgin olive oil
• 250g ricotta cheese
• 30g semi-skimmed milk
• 100g spinach
• 3 eggs
• 2 tbsp pesto
• 20g grated cheese
• Salt and pepper
1. In a bowl, mix the flour, olive oil and salt together. Pour in a little bit of water at a time and knead the mixture until it becomes a smooth dough and sticks together in a bowl. Wrap the dough in cling-film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
2. Once out the fridge, pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4. Roll out the dough to fit within a quiche tin.
3. Cover the dough with parchment paper and place some baking beans (or chickpeas/lentils) on top. Blind-bake for 25 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, combine the ricotta, grated cheese, milk, eggs, pesto, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix together well.
5. Remove the parchment paper and weights from the crust, and pour in the filling. In a separate pan, wilt the spinach and drain of any excess moisture. Place the spinach on top of the filling mix
6. Place back in the oven and bake for a further 45 minutes.
7. Leave to cool before serving. It tastes better served cold.
PREP & COOK TIME: 1 hour 40 minutes
SUPERFOOD: SPINACH Contains vitamin C to enhance your skin and immune system