• 2 chicken breasts
• 200g mushrooms, sliced
• 3 carrots, peeled and sliced in strips
• 3 red chilli’s, sliced
• 1 onion, diced
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1 large knob of ginger, peeled and minced
• 400ml low fat coconut milk
• 2 tbsp fish sauce
• 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
• 3 limes, juiced
• 900ml hot water, mixed with a chicken stock cube
• 225g brown rice noodles
• 3 tbsp coconut oil
• Pinch of salt
• Handful of chopped coriander, to serve
1. Heat the oven to 475F/240C/Gas mark 9. Rub the chicken breasts with some salt and roast in the oven for 30 minutes. Once the chicken has cooked, using 2 forks, shred the chicken into pieces and set to one side.
2. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, and cook the rice noodles according to packet instructions of between 5-10 minutes. Drain with cold water and set to one side.
3. In a separate deep-based pan, heat the coconut oil and fry the onions and chilli for 5 minutes or until slightly brown.
4. Add the mushrooms and carrots and cook for further 8 minutes.
5. Mix in the garlic and ginger and stir through for a minute.
6. Add the red curry paste and mix it in well with the vegetable mix to coat. Slowly add the coconut milk, little by little, and stir through. Pour in the chicken stock and reduce the heat, and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
7. Add the shredded chicken and rice noodles and heat through.
8. Turn off the heat and add the fish sauce and lime juice. Sprinkle the chopped coriander over and serve.
PREP & COOK TIME: 50 minutes
SUPERFOOD: GINGER helps fight off cold and flu, as well as reduces pain and inflammation