• 3 eggs
• 400g chopped tomatoes
• 400g chickpeas, drained
• 1 onion, diced
• 3 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
• 1 red pepper, de-seeded and diced
• Handful of spinach
• 1 tbsp paprika
• 1 tsp cumin
• 2 tbsp harissa paste
• 2 pitta breads, cut into triangles
• 10g feta cheese
• Handful of chopped parsley
• 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
• Salt and pepper
1. Prep the chickpeas placing them on a chopping board and smashing them with a potato masher.
2. You’ll need a wide based pan which has a lid. Heat the olive oil in the pan on a medium heat, and fry the onion for 5 minutes, until browned.
3. Add the red pepper and chickpeas to the pan and stir fry for a further 2 minutes
4. Add the garlic, paprika, cumin and salt and pepper and cook for a further 30 seconds before adding the chopped tomatoes and harissa paste. Turn down the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add the spinach and wilt down for 30 seconds, before making a few wells in the pan and cracking in the eggs. Put the lid onto the pan and cook the eggs for around 2 minutes (or until however you like your eggs done).
6. Turn off the heat and crumble over the feta cheese and chopped parsley. Place the pitta breads around the outside of the pan and serve.
PREP & COOK TIME: 30 minutes
SUPERFOOD: Chickpeas contain iron and calcium to improve bone health