• 240g chickpeas, drained
• 400g chopped tomatoes
• 1 red onion, peeled and diced
• 2 tbsp tomato puree
• 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
• 3 tsp cumin
• 2 tsp chilli powder
• 2 tsp brown sugar
• 1 tsp black pepper
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• Handful of flaked almonds
1. Heat the olive oil on a low heat, in a large pan. Throw in the garlic and onions and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft.
2. Add the cumin, chilli and paprika and stir for 30 seconds before adding the tomato puree.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes and heat for around 3 minutes, until the sauce starts to thicken. Season with salt, pepper and the sugar.
4. Add the chickpeas and cook for a further 5 minutes.
5. Top with the flaked almonds and serve with rice.
PREP & COOK TIME: 15 minutes
SUPERFOOD: Chickpeas contain iron and calcium to improve bone health