For the pork balls:
• 500g minced pork
• 1 tbsp black peppercorns, crushed
• 1 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
• 1 tbsp light soy sauce
• 1 tbsp oyster sauce
• 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
For the soup:
• 400g firm tofu, cut into cubes
• 1/2 Chinese cabbage
• 5 dried Shiitake mushrooms
• 1 dried white fungus
• 3 tbsp light soy sauce
• 3 tbsp oyster sauce
• 1 pork stock cube
• 1 tsp sugar
• 600ml water
• Handful of coriander, for garnish
1. In a bowl, combine all the pork ball ingredients together, making sure it is well combined. Shape into small ball shapes and put aside.
2. Put the dried Shiitake mushrooms and white fungus into a small bowl and cover with hot water, boiled from the kettle. Leave to soak for 5 minutes until soft and hydrated.
3. Drain the water from the mushrooms and fungus, and cut into small pieces.
4. Bring the 600ml water to the boil in a pan, and add the pork stock cube, sugar, light soy sauce and oyster sauce. Simmer for 2 minutes.
5. Drop in the pork balls and cook for 15 minutes until the pork balls start to rise to the surface.
6. Add the Chinese cabbage, mushrooms and white fungus and cook for a further 5 minutes.
7. Add the tofu and continue to simmer for a further 5 minutes.
8. Garnish with the coriander leaves and serve.
PREP & COOK TIME: 35 minutes
SUPERFOOD: TOFU contains protein which is essential for body repair and muscle growth.