• 1 cauliflower head
• 80ml almond milk
• 1 tsp fivespice powder
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp ground ginger
• 1 tsp cayenne powder
• 120g plain flour
• 1 tbsp white pepper
• 1 tbsp light soy sauce
• Oil, for frying
1. Cut the cauliflower into small florets.
2. In a separate bowl, add the soy sauce, garlic powder, ground ginger, white pepper and almond milk, and mix together. Add the cauliflower and coat the florets with the sauce. Marinade for 1 hour.
3. In a separate bowl – add the flour and fivespice powder together.
4. Once the cauliflower has marinated, heat up the oil in a pan.
5. Transfer the cauliflower into the fivespice flour bowl, before coating back in the almond milk, and then transferring back to the flour mix. Finally, transfer the cauliflower into the oil and cook for around 4 minutes each side, until the batter is golden and crispy.
6. Drain on paper towel, and serve.
PREP & COOK TIME: 1 hour 15 minutes
SUPERFOOD: Cauliflower contains fibre which promotes a healthy digestive system.