For the turkey meatballs:
• 500g minced turkey
• 1 tbsp dried thyme
• 1 tsp dried sage
• 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
• 5cm ginger, peeled and grated
• 1 tbsp sesame oil
For the rest
• 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
• 1 red pepper, de-seeded and cut into thin slices
• 400ml low-fat coconut milk
• 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
• 100g edamame beans, shelled
• 2 tbsp light soy sauce
• 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
• 2 spring onions, diced
• 2 tbsp honey roasted nuts, crushed
• 1 red chilli, diced
• 2 tbsp sesame oil
• 200ml water
1. In a bowl, mix all the meatball ingredients together. Combine well and shape into meatball sized balls.
2. In a pan, add the sesame oil on a medium-low heat. Add the meatballs and cook for around 6 minutes until brown all over. Transfer the meatballs to a dish and move to one side.
3. In the pan, add the coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, water and sriracha sauce. Mix until well combined before adding the carrots and meatballs. Put the sauce on a simmer for around 10 minutes.
4. Add the peppers and edamame beans and cook for a further 5 minutes.
5. Garnish with the spring onions, chilli and honey roasted nuts.
PREP & COOK TIME: 35 minutes
SUPERFOOD: Edamame beans contain protein which is essential for muscle growth and repair