• 2 chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
• 100g fried tofu, sliced
• 100g prawns tail-on
• pad-Thai noodles
• 1 lime, quartered
• 3 eggs
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 5 shallots, peeled and diced
• 2 tbsp pad-Thai paste
• 40g peanuts, crushed
• 20g beansprouts
• 5 spring onions, cut into 3cm strips
• Fish sauce, to taste
• Chilli powder, to taste
• 3 tbsp oil
1. Bring a pan of water to the boil. Add the pad-thai noodles and cook for a few minutes. Drain the noodles.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan. Mix the eggs together with a fork, and fry in the pan to create an omelette. Once cooked, transfer to a plate and cut into long, thin strips.
3. Heat the remaining oil in a wok until smoking. Add the garlic and shallots, and stir-fry for a minute.
4. Add the chicken and mix in with the pad Thai paste. Stir-fry for around 4 minutes, before adding the fried tofu and prawns.
5. Cook for a further 30-40 seconds, before adding the noodles. Stir-fry for a further 1-2 minutes, adding a little bit of water if the noodles are sticking.
6. Add the beansprouts and spring onions, stirring constantly.
7. Throw in the omelette slices and sprinkle over the crushed peanuts. Serve. Season the pad-Thai to taste with the fish sauce, chilli powder and lime juice.
PREP & COOK TIME: 35 minutes
SUPERFOOD: Prawns contain selenium and zinc, which maintain healthy cells and immune system.