• 4 chicken breasts, diced
• 1 onion, diced
• 3 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
• 400g chopped tomatoes
• 400g low-fat coconut milk
• 2 tsp chilli powder
• 1/2 tbsp cumin
• 1 tbsp curry powder
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1/2 tsp turmeric
• 1 vegetable stock cube
• 2 tsp sugar
• 1 tbsp coconut oil
• Salt and pepper
• 2 cups of jasmine rice (cooked)
- Preheat your oven to 150C/300F/Gas mark 2 or prep your slow cooker.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan and add the onion. Cook for around 5 minutes until golden and soft.
- Add in the chicken and cook for a further 4 minutes.
- Add in the garlic, chilli powder, turmeric, cumin, curry powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Mix together and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the vegetable stock cube to 230ml hot water until dissolved.
- Add in the stock, chopped tomatoes, sugar and coconut milk.
- Mix well together and transfer the curry to an oven-proof dish, or your slow cooker, and cook for 2 hours.
- Take out of the oven and serve with rice.
PREP & COOK TIME: 2 hours 20 minutes
SUPERFOOD: Chicken contains protein, which is essential for bone and muscle growth.