• 500g pork belly slices, cut into chunks
• 6-8 eggs
• 60g palm sugar
• 4 tbsp light soy sauce
• 1 tbsp seasoning sauce
• 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
• 800ml water
• 5 garlic cloves, peeled
• 1 tbsp black peppercorns
• 1 tbsp coriander seeds
• 1 tbsp Chinese five-spice powder
• 1 cinnamon stick, snapped in half
• 3 star anise
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• Cooked jasmine rice, to serve
1. In a mortar and pestle – add the garlic, black peppercorns and coriander seeds. Crush together to form a paste
2. Put the eggs in a separate pan of water and cook until hard-boiled (around 8 minutes). Once cooked, plunge the eggs into cold water and peel off the shell.
3. In a bowl, mix the five-spice powder and the pork belly to coat all over.
4. In a saucepan, heat the oil on a medium-low heat. Add the paste and fry for 30 seconds before adding the pork belly. Stir-fry until the pork belly starts to turn brown.
5. Add the water, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, salt, seasoning sauce and palm sugar. Bring the the boil.
6. Add the hard-boiled eggs, star anise and cinnamon. Simmer for around 1 hour on a low heat.
7. Serve with the jasmine rice.
PREP & COOK TIME: 1 hour 20 minutes
SUPERFOOD: Pork belly contains collagen which will help renew skin cells and reduce wrinkles, as well as support bone health