• 250g cooked rice
• 120g kimchi
• 3 tbsp vegetable oil
• 70g spinach
• 2 spring onions, finely chopped
• 1 garlic clove, crushed and finely chopped
• 2 tbsp gochuang paste
• 30ml water
• 1 tbsp sesame seeds
• 3 tbsp sesame oil
• 4 eggs
1. Heat a wok on a medium-high flame. Once the wok is smoking, add 2 tbsp vegetable oil.
2. Add the chopped garlic and kimchi, and stir-fry for 1 minute.
3. Add the cooked rice, water, spinach and gochujang paste. Stir fry for a further 4-5 minutes, adding more water if the rice is sticking to the pan.
4. Add the sesame oil and turn off the heat. Top the rice with the spring onions and sesame seeds.
5. In a separate pan, add the remaining vegetable oil. Add the eggs to make 4 fried eggs.
6. Serve the eggs with the fried rice.
PREP & COOK TIME: 20 minutes
SUPERFOOD: Kimchi contains beta-carotene that can help reduce the risk of stroke and diabetes.