• 4 chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
• 4 brioche buns
• 80ml buttermilk
• 50g chopped kimchi
• 2 tbsp gochuang paste
• 2 tbsp mayonnaise
• 1 clove garlic, chopped
• 5 tbsp, plain flour
• 1/4 lettuce
• Oil (enough for shallow frying)
• Salt and pepper
1. Mix the buttermilk, garlic, 1 tbsp gochujang paste in a bowl. Add the chicken thighs and cover with the mixture. Marinade for 12 hours.
2. Heat the oil in a pan. Mix the flour, salt and pepper together. Take the chicken thighs out of the buttermilk mixture and dip into the flour to cover.
3. Transfer the chicken into the hot oil and cook on a medium-low heat for around 6-8 minutes each side.
4. Time to assemble the burger – mix the mayonnaise and remaining Gochuang paste together and spread on the brioche buns. Place the chicken on the bun, followed by the lettuce and kimchi. Serve.
PREP & COOK TIME: 12 hours and 30 minutes.
SUPERFOOD: CHICKEN contains protein which helps build lean muscle and assists with weight loss.