• 3 chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
• 1 onion, peeled and sliced
• 1 red pepper, de-seeded and sliced
• 1 red chilli, chopped
• 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 10 sweet basil leaves
• 1 tbsp oyster sauce
• 1 tsp dark soy sauce
• 1 tbsp light soy sauce
• 500g cooked jasmine rice, left to cool
• 1 lime, cut into quarters
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
For the sauce:
• 2 red chillies, chopped
• 5 tbsp fish sauce
1. Heat a wok on a high heat, until smoking and then add 1 tbsp vegetable oil. Add the garlic and chilli and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
2. Add the chicken and continue to stir-fry until the chicken has cooked through, around 6-7 minutes.
3. Add the red pepper followed by the light soy sauce, dark soy sauce and oyster sauce.
4. Throw in the onions to the mix and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
5. Add the cooled cooked rice and combine all together, ensuring the rice has been coated with the sauces and has turned golden in colour.
6. Finally add the sweet basil to the wok and mix.
7. Make the sauce by combing the chopped chillies and the fish sauce together.
8. Serve the fried rice accompanied with the sauce and a wedge of lime.
PREP & COOK TIME: 30 minutes
SUPERFOOD: Limes contain antioxidants which can prevent kidney stones and reduce risk of heart disease