• 300g chicken or turkey mince
• 75ml Shaoxing rice wine
• 75ml light soy sauce
• 5 tbsp honey
• 10g sugar
• 1 shallot, peeled and diced
• 1 knob ginger, peeled and finely chopped
• 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
1. Soak 6 wooden skewers in water for around 20 minutes.
2. Mix the chicken mince, shallots, garlic and ginger into a bowl and combine well.
3. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, add the rice wine, soy sauce, sugar and honey and bring to a boil. Simmer for around 3 minutes until the glaze has thickened.
4. Heat the grill and shape the chicken mince into evenly sized balls.
5. Put the balls onto the wooden skewers, leaving around a 1 inch gap in between.
6. Cook on the grill for around 2 minutes each side, until turning grey/white.
7. Using a brush, cover the balls with the sticky glaze and continue to cook on the grill for a further 5 minutes each side. Keep topping up with the sticky glaze.
8. Once the glaze is finished and the balls are a brown colour, turn off the heat and serve.
PREP & COOK TIME: 35 minutes
SUPERFOOD: Chicken contains protein, which is essential for bone and muscle growth.