• 8 chicken thighs
• 1 lemon, cut into wedges
• Juice of 1/2 lemon
• 2 red onions, peeled and cut into chunks
• 4 potatoes, cut into chunks
• 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
• 10cm ginger, peeled and grated
• 1 red chilli, chopped
• 1 tbsp curry powder
• 1 tsp ground turmeric
• 100g spinach
• 4 tbsp Greek yoghurt
• Vegetable oil
1. Pre-heat the oven to 425 F / 220 C / Gas mark 7
2. In a bowl, combine the ginger, 2 tbsp yoghurt, curry powder and 1 tbsp of vegetable oil to form a paste.
3. Add the chicken thighs and mix to ensure the chicken is coated all over.
4. Add the potatoes, red onions and garlic, lemon juice, turmeric powder to a baking tray and drizzle over with some vegetable oil. Shake the tray to cover the potatoes with the oil. Add the chicken thighs to the tray and bake for 30 minutes.
5. After 30 minutes, add the spinach and chilli to the tray and cook for a further 5 minutes.
6. Drizzle the remaining yoghurt over the chicken and serve with the lemon wedges.
PREP & COOK TIME: 50 minutes
SUPERFOOD: Turmeric contains curcumin and anti-oxidants which may help relieve joint pain