• 130g plain flour
• 130g porridge oats
• 130g desiccated coconut
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 egg
• 1 egg yolk
• 120g demerara sugar
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 180ml melted coconut oil
• 70g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
• 1/2 tsp salt
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C / 350F / Gas mark 4. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. In a bowl – mix the flour, oats, baking powder and salt together.
3. In another bowl, mix the coconut oil and sugar together until combined. Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla, and mix until a smooth consistency.
4. Add the bowl of flour and oats to the coconut oil bowl and mix until combined. Fold in the desiccated coconut, followed by the dark chocolate pieces.
5. Spoon parts of the cookie dough onto the baking tray and shape into a circle.
6. Bake in the oven for around 8-9 minutes, and then leave to cook for 5 minutes. Serve.
PREP & COOK TIME: 20 minutes
SUPERFOOD: Coconut Oil contains healthy fat to encourage your body to burn fat