• 2 pieces sirloin steak
• 5 garlic cloves, peeled
• 120ml extra-virgin olive oil
• 60ml white vinegar
• 1 tsp red chilli flakes
• 1 tbsp dried oregano
• 30g flat-leak parsley
• 1/4 red onion, chopped
• Salt and pepper
1. Throw the garlic, olive oil, white vinegar, chilli flakes, oregano, parsley and red onion, salt and pepper into a food processor, and blend until combined
2. In a bowl, marinade the steaks with 4 tbsp of the chimichurri sauce. Make sure the steaks are covered with the sauce. Pour the remainder of the sauce into a bowl to use later.
3. Marinade the steaks for 2-4 hours.
4. Once ready to cook, heat a griddle pan. Season the steak with salt and pepper and cook for your desired time – depending on how you like your steak. For a traditional medium-rare steak, cook for 4-5 minutes each side.
5. Once cooked, slide the steak against the grain into strips. Pour over a few tbsp of the remaining chimichurri sauce over and serve with vegetables.
PREP & COOK TIME: 2 hours 20 minutes
SUPERFOOD: Extra-virgin olive oil contains vitamins and anti-oxidants to boost hair and skin health, as well as reduces the risk of diabetes and cancer