• 1 cauliflower head, broken into florets
• 1 broccoli head, broken into florets
• 75g cheddar, grated
• 25g cheddar, chopped into small cubes
• 200ml creme fraiche
• 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
• 50g Panko breadcrumbs
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
• 2 tbsp butter
• 2 tbsp plain flour
• 10g parsley
• 1 tsp mixed herbs
• Salt and pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 425F, 220C, Gas mark 7.
2. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, and add the cauliflower and broccoli florets. Cook for 6 minutes before draining – however you want to keep 300ml of the water.
3. Combine the panko breadcrumbs, grated cheddar, salt and pepper into a bowl and mix together.
4. In a separate pan on a low heat, melt the butter before adding the flour and whisking together. Add the garlic and slowly add the starchy water.
5. Add the cheddar block, creme fraiche and Dijon mustard to the white sauce.
6. Add the cauliflower and broccoli florets and cover with the sauce, before transferring the mix to an oven-proof dish.
7. Sprinkle over the cheddar breadcrumb mix and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
8. Chop the parsley and sprinkle over the cauliflower broccoli cheese along with the mixed herbs. Serve.
SERVES: 2 (or 4 as a sidedish)
PREP & COOK TIME: 40 minutes
SUPERFOOD: Cauliflower contains fibre which promotes a healthy digestive system.