• 250ml semi-skimmed milk
• 85g oats
• 80g blueberries
• 100g plain flour
• 60g coconut flour
• 1 tsp bi-carbonate soda
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 110ml honey
• 110ml coconut oil
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 egg, beaten
• 1 tsp brown sugar
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 30g protein powder (optional)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 425F/218C/ Gas mark 7.
2. Mix the oats and milk together in a bowl and leave to soak for 20 minutes.
3. In one bowl – add the plain flour, coconut flour, bicarbonate sofa, cinnamon, salt and mix together. In another bowl, add the honey, coconut oil, vanilla extract and egg.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together. Add the oat mixture to the bowl and combine well. Fold in the blueberries until mixed well.
5. Line a muffin tray with casings and spoon the muffin mixture into each case, filling the casings to the top.
6. Sprinkle a bit of brown sugar on top of each muffin and place into the oven.
7. After 5 minutes, turn the heat down to 350F/177C/ Gas mark 4. Bake for a further 20 minutes.
8. Once cooked, leave to stand and cool for 5 minutes before digging in.
SERVES: Makes 12 muffins
PREP & COOK TIME: 40 minutes
SUPERFOOD: BLUEBERRIES Contains antioxidants to fight free-radicals (molecules that damages the cells in your body)