• 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
• 2 red peppers
• 200g spinach
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, chopped
• Zest of 1 lemon
• 3 eggs, beaten
• 8 sheets of filo pastry
• 250g ricotta cheese
• 200g feta cheese, crumbled
• Olive oil
• Salt and pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4
2. Put the cubed sweet potato and whole red pepper into an ovenproof dish and drizzle over olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 45 minutes
2. Add some olive oil to a pan and fry the onion and garlic together until brown and soft. Add the spinach and wilt down the spinach.
3. Put the spinach into a colander and train out the excess water. Throw the spinach mixture into a mixing bowl along with half of the feta and the lemon zest.
4. Remove the red peppers and sweet potato from the oven. Put the red peppers in an bowl and cover the bowl with cling film. Leave to cool.
5. Add the sweet potatoes to a separate bowl and mash together. Add the beaten eggs, ricotta, feta and salt and pepper.
6. Brush the pie tin with olive oil and add the first layer of filo pastry. Brush with olive oil and repeat this process with 4 more layers of filo pastry.
7. Peel off the skin from the red peppers and remove the seeds. Cut into pieces.
8. Add all of the spinach mixture to the filo dish and then add the sweet potato mixture. Top with the roasted red pepper and fold the pastry edges over to the centre. Gently scrunch up 3 sheets of filo pastry and add to the top of the pie to cover.
9. Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes
PREP & COOK TIME: 2 hours
SUPERFOOD: SPINACH Contains vitamin C to enhance your skin and immune system