Welcome back to the ‘Road to Hawaii’ and wishing you all a very Happy Easter! Because I’m still focused on achieving my personal body goals for Hawaii, there will be no slacking and eating chocolate this year.
My life mantra that I apply to anything is when you have the goal in sight, you can’t be distracted by anything else. Chase the dream and don’t fall back. But don’t worry – I’ll be more than sure to make up for the eating after the series has finished!
I know last week I said I would go through my ab workout, but I thought it’d be more necessary to talk to you guys about cardio. As important as muscle building is, it’s also very important to insert cardio into your workouts. When I first started the Road to Hawaii series, my main focus was to build muscle. This meant my workouts involved lifting weights. Now we are over the halfway mark, it’s time to start cutting back on the fat, to create that lean, defined look.
Starting this week, I’ll be adding 2x 30 minute sessions of running into my weekly workout plans. Now, I like to consider myself quite in shape, however – I will be no fool if I think I’ll be able to run at the speed I used to be able to when I do my first running session. But this is why I’m starting now, to build up my speed, cut back on that excess fat and get my body fat % down.
BENEFITS OF CARDIO
- It helps you burn fat and excess calories, promoting weight loss.
- It makes your heart stronger
- Your muscles and abs will look much more lean and chiseled.
- It increases your lung capacity
- It helps reduce your risk of heart attack, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, and some forms of cancer.
- It boosts your body’s endorphins, making you feel better
- It helps you sleep better.
- It helps reduces stress.